Staunton Harold Wedding – Tanya and Iain

Staunton Harold Hall sits in the beautiful and somewhat hidden Staunton Harold Estate just outside Ashby de la Zouch. As you travel from Melbourne to Ashby and look to the right you can catch a glimpse of the Hall a beautiful Georgian Mansion set beside the church and lake. Staunton Harold is in private ownership and the family run weddings and events. Their  motto is `Muy case, su case’ – `my house is your house’ and so despite Staunton Harold’s grandeur it is a very relaxed and family run business. Added to this Staunton Harold has just twelve weddings a year and from 2019 this will become ten weddings a year which adds to the intimacy.

It was therefore an absolute pleasure to meet Tanya and Iain and to capture their beautiful and intimate ceremony with close friends and family at Staunton Harold. Tanya arrived in a sports car driven by a neighbour. The day was a special one with lots of laughter and emotion. Guests were entertained by a jazz band and magician before sitting down for a fabulous wedding breakfast finished off with speeches full of emotion combined with laughter. The good weather continued allowing guests to enjoy the glorious setting before gathering once again in the Hall for the cutting of the cake and more entertainment in the form of a lively barn dance.

Wedding at Staunton Harold Hall Groom greets guests at Staunton Harold. The ceremony room. Guests gather before the wedding breakfast. The bride arrives at Staunton Harold Hall. Close-up image of flowers and vows. Arrival of the bride. Close-up of champagne flutes. The bride outside Staunton Harold Hall. The groom chats to guests outside the Hall. The bride chats to guests. Guests enjoying the grounds. The bride chatting to guests. Groom chats to his mother. Guests congratulate the groom. Guests enjoying the sunshine. Bride and groom outside Staunton Harold Hall. The couple enjoy a few minutes away from guests. The couple on the beautiful staircase at Staunton Harold Hall. Confetti outside Staunton Harold Hall. The breakfast room. Time for speeches after the wedding breakfast. The groom's mother enjoys the speeches. Groom's speech after the wedding breakfast. Guests enjoying the speeches. Time for an intimate moment during the speeches. A young guest watching the wedding speeches. The groom enjoys the best man's speech. Wedding guests enjoying the grounds at Staunton Harold Hall. Garden games at Staunton Harold. First dance black and white image. Time for the barn dance. The couple enjoying the barn dance. Guests enjoying the barn dance. Black and white image of the barn dance. The bride dances with friends. A lively affair. All ages enjoy the barn dancing.

If you would like to know a little more about my services and availability please get in contact.

A little more about the history of Staunton Harold…..

For many years Staunton Harold Hall was owned by the Shirley Family who became the Earl Ferrers. Perhaps on it’s most infamous owners was the Fourth Earl Ferrers who in 1763 shot and killed his steward, John Johnson.  For this he was tried by his peers in the House of Lords and condemned to death, the last peer to be hanged.  The title then passed to his brother, an altogether different character, who, over twenty years, demolished most of the old Hall and rebuilt it as we see it today.

The Tenth Earl inherited as a boy of twelve in 1860, and lived there until 1911.  It was his misfortune to live through what have been called the ‘coming down years’.  This was a time, from 1875 when poor harvests, cheap food imports and rising taxation decimated the fortunes of a great many old estates.  He sold off four fifths of his land but insisted on living in grand style until the end.  As a result, his successors lived here in much reduced circumstances and, in 1954, the Twelfth Earl put his house and the 1500 remaining acres up for auction.  The Hall was sold for demolition, but was rescued by Leonard Cheshire to become a Cheshire Home.  In 1980 the Home moved to purpose built premises in nearby Netherseal, and the Hall was converted to a Sue Ryder Hospice.  This closed in 2002 and the Blunt family bought the property to turn it back in a family home in 2003.

 

Categories: Uncategorised.